For our client we are searching for a DevOps Response Engineer.
General Role Overview
Responsible for designing, building and supporting a secure cloud DevOps platform based on industry standards, best practices and guidelines.
- Determine technical standards and specifications and lead the design, build and support of shared services cloud platform components.
- Provide professional support services and/or the integration of their respective products.
- Implement the products based on best practices.
- Review the current architectural landscape and make appropriate recommendations.
- Compare various solutions and determine the one which best fits the need.
- Design, develop and maintain Windows based instances and backend applications.
- Deploy and maintain web application technologies and middleware solutions on Windows platform.
- Researches new technologies and products for their applicability to business processes.
- Provides tier 1 and tier 2 support for the platform
Technical & Functional Qualifications
- (5) years of experience managing diverse DevOps workloads, across infrastructure, administration, deployment, development support and monitoring.
- (3) years of experience with automation and configuration management using Ansible/Ansible Tower.
- (3) years of Linux administration experience.
- (3) years of experience in managing and deploying applications in Amazon Web Services.
- (3) years of experience working with containerization, orchestration, and service discovery experience on both Windows and Linux hosts, using docker and/or ECS.
- (3) years of experience with Bitbucket or similar version control systems, including branching, tagging, merging, and release management.
- Knowledge of terraform or equivalent orchestration tools
- Experience working with varied SQL, NoSQL Databases.
- Experience configuring and deploying Java/J2EE applications.
- Experience with Docker, deploying containers, automated build deployments using Jenkins.
- Experience with Big data platforms.
- Ability to learn new technologies and explain the differences and opportunities to technical and nontechnical team members
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline is required.
This is a fulltime W2 opportunity and will not support contract or sub-contract engagement. You must currently be authorized to work directly without need for sponsorship or 3rd party representation
- Start – Immediately
If you are interested in this position we are looking forward to receiving your CV.
Salary: Up to 100k per year
Location: Linthicum/Baltimore MD
Employment Type: FTE/W2/Benefits