For our client we are searching for a Chief Data Architect
- Are you A Senior Level Engineer with a dedication to build complex, scalable and reliable Data solutions?
- Do you live in the Washington DC/Baltimore area and are willing to work 5-days a week onsite?
- Are you seeking a role that provides challenge, growth, advancement and a stable secure future building something that makes a difference?
Come Make Your Mark
Share ownership in delivering critical Cloud Solutions including the design and architecture of a complete and complex Cloudera based framework. In this role you will develop strategic roadmaps and provide technical oversight to ensure customer business requirements.
Working alongside stakeholders and the Technical Lead and overseeing an inhouse Data engineering team you will be point of the spear to make certain the technology strategy is aligned and supportive of the business strategy.
Technical Aptitude and Competence Sought
- More than 15 years industry experience in roles to include Senior/Principal/Chief Engineer working in legacy as well as high availability Big Data initiatives.
- Minimum 5 years serving to provide the oversight and management accountabilities of major data projects that involve providing professional support services and/or the integration, implementation and transition of large complex system and subsystem architectures.
- Solid experience with legacy RDBMS Oracle, SQL Server as well as MongoDB, Cassandra, MySQL or NoSQL
- Experience with the Hadoop Ecosystem including Pig, Yarn, HBASE, Apache Spark
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline is required.
About This Role
If chosen you will serve as a critical part of a strong development team supporting a long-term project mission for one of our Commonwealth, State Federal, DOD or .GOV client initiatives. In this role you will work to build and deliver solid applications utilizing best of breed methodologies and tools.
This is a fulltime W2 opportunity and will not support contract or sub-contract engagement. You must currently be authorized to work directly without need for sponsorship or 3rd party representation
- Start – Immediately
Salary: Up to 100k per year
Location: Linthicum/Baltimore MD
Employment Type: FTE/W2/Benefits
Work Authorization: U.S/Permanent Resident/TN1 Visa (No Sponsorship)